Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Invasion








As you can see by these pictures, we are literally being INVADED by grasshoppers. When we walk through the grass, it looks like it is moving because there are so... many. We have tried poison flakes and spray (as much as we dare with Harley around). It kills a lot of them, but not near enough. On hot days, they just cover the roads and anything else they can find. They are lousy on our sidewalks and on the skirting of the house and shop. Harley and I constantly are digging smashed grasshoppers out of our toes from wearing flip-flops. Gross!! A week or so ago they sprayed by airplane. Finally, we are seeing a little relief from the nasty pests!

3 comments:

Christie said...

Holy crap I HATE grasshoppers, I have childhood trauma from them, lol
Luckily they haven't been to bad here, i hope I haven't spoke to soon!
Harley is getting so big, before you know it she will be a teenager!

Hanberg's said...

my gosh! that reminds me of driving up oak city canyon (by delta) growing up, and hearing the grasshoppers crunch underneath our tires. GROSS! hopefully you'll get some relief soon! can't wait to see you and let the cousins play soon!

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Ewww yuck! I'm sorry you guys are having to deal with that, hopefully it'll get better. We've had a bad time with mosquitos out here.